Sunday, August 18, 2013

SAG Anniversary Seminar

Thanks to The Society of Australian Genealogists for hosting the anniversary seminar at State Records NSW in Kingswood yesterday. Dynamic duo, Heather Garnsey, Executive Officer and Martyn Killion, Vice President, did an amazing job of hosting, preparing morning and afternoon teas, presenting,  and selling SAG's wares.

The atmosphere was relaxed as we listened to five presentations and chatted amiably with new and old friend in the sunshine during breaks. I also enjoyed being able to attend an event that was free (for SAG members), that was away from the CBD and where I could park within 100 metres of the entrance.

It's getting late on Sunday evening here but I just wanted to put his quick post up and say thanks to Emily, Heather and Martyn for creating such a wonderful event for us yesterday. If I get some time during the coming week I will share a few of the things I learnt (but National Family History Month is keeping me very occupied).

Heather setting up shop
Emily Hanna from State Records was the first speaker
Martyn did a super job of arranging the goodies
There were plenty of customers for Heather
There were some useful tips in Heather's Basics talk
Martyn gave a polished presentation
I learnt a few things I didn't know about Ancestry
Apologies for washed out photos but I didn't use the flash.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...